- This is a used guitar in good condition.
- This is a consignment item.
- Includes original hardcase.
- Owned by Rick McRea of the Ace in the Hole Band (George Strait's band).
$2999.00 plus $30.00 Shipping (consignment)
- Brand: Valley Arts
- Model: Brent Mason Signature
- Condition: Good
- Serial Number: VA 03780 (2005
- Body Wood: Swamp Ash
- Neck Wood: Flame Maple (Bolt-On)
- Neck Profile: C-shape, 0.830" at 1st Fret, 0.965" at 12th Fret
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Radius: 12" - 14"
- Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Nut: 1.68"
- Tuners: Sperzel Locking
- Bridge: Modern T-Style w/steel saddles
- Pickguard: 3-ply b/w/b
- Pickups: Gibson Mini-Humbucker in neck position, Seymour Duncan Hot Stack in middle position, Seymour Duncan Lead Stack in bridge position
- Electronics: Volume for neck & bridge PUPs, Volume for middle PUP, master Tone, push/pull series/parallel middle pickup
- Finish: Cream
- Case: Original Hardshell Case
- Weight: 7 lbs. 13 oz.
- Made In Nashville, TN - USA
- Observations: This is a used guitar is good condition. This was owned by and gigged with Rick McRea of the Ace in the Hole Band, who have been backing Country Music Legend George Strait since the '80s. This guitar was not his nuymber 1... (in fact it was his #5) so there is not a lot or wera and tear. It certainly shows signs of play. Including some pic scratching, belt buckle rash, and some small dings throughout the body. None of which are through the finish. There is an odd orange stain in on the front of the guitar. It appears to be under the finish at first glance... but upon closer inspection, there must have been something left on this in the case that overtime staind the clear coat.
The Valley Arts Brent Mason Signature Custom Pro is based on Mason’s 1968 Fender Telecaster, modified over the years to meet the requirements of a top session player. Introduced in 2004, the Brent Mason model was built for only a few years, after Valley Arts had been purchased by Gibson.
There are a few things that a session player demands from their main guitar. The instrument must have rock-solid reliability, tune well, and it must be extremely versatile. The Valley Arts Brent Mason Signature Custom Pro does all these things. The basic instrument design has proven itself for half a century and the addition of a six-saddle bridge and Sperzel locking tuners adds to the great tuneability. Versatility comes from the three pickups – a Gibson mini-humbucker in the neck, and a pair of Seymour Duncans – a Hot Stack in the middle and a Vintage Lead Stack at the bridge.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE AT (512) 243.6036 OR email@example.com